Review of important information related to infection prevention and Emergency Medical Services (EMS).
Infection Prevention for Emergency Medical Services Personnel a 37 minute PowerPoint DVD that provides the following information:
1. An overview of the Infection Prevention Laws that govern EMS workers
2. Review of the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen Regulations and Components of a Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Control Plan
3. Review of the Ryan White Act (Who was Ryan White)
4. Notification System for EMS mandated by Congress
5. Factors needed for Disease Transmission
6. Risk of becoming infected
7. Hand Hygiene
8. Standard Precautions
9. Review of Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and HIV
10, Overview of Multi-drug Resistant Organisms including
11. Overview of Tuberculosis
12, Cleaning and Disinfection of Equipment
13. Cleaning and Disinfection of the ambulance, fire truck etc.